Travel Security Analyst/Intelligence Specialist - Africa
CS - Corporate Services
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Travel Assist, Inc.
AIG has an unsurpassed global travel insurance underwriting capability through AIG's insurance operations in more than 100 countries. Millions of leisure and business travelers alike rely on Travel Guard®, AIG Travel's portfolio of travel insurance solutions and global assistance services, to help them recover from unexpected circumstances that can interrupt their travel plans. Through eight wholly owned, state-of-the-art global service centers, customers have access to 24/7 emergency travel assistance, medical and security services with more than 40 languages spoken on-site. We help people travel more and worry less.
The Travel Security Analyst/Intelligence Specialist - Africa works in the 24/7/365 Travel Security Operations Center and provides support for daily operations as necessary. AIG Travel Security Analysts must have strong writing and analytical skills. The Travel Security Analyst will have deep knowledge of the political and economic environment across Africa; including Western nations, the Horn of Africa and South Africa. Additionally, the analyst must be able to apply this regional expertise to best support the needs of business and regional travelers within these areas. Analysts must have excellent research and global monitoring capabilities, an intuitive understanding of international security ramifications as well as strong communication abilities to adequately convey such information. Clear writing and oral communications skills are a necessity as is an in-depth, academic understanding of geopolitical developments. Analysts with additional specializations in the security industry are particularly pertinent. Global travel and multi-cultural/linguistic backgrounds are preferred.
• Gather, analyze and disseminate intelligence information as tasked.
• Develop regional expertise, discerning social and political developments and patterns to provide an accurate understanding of present and future threats, risks and security assessments.
• Maintain expertise on the current events and developments for all assigned regions; applying this knowledge to provide timely and actionable reports to support the Travel Security team.
• Report developments and contribute information to various products, including active monitoring services, daily Global News Watch newsletter, customized reports, security-related notifications and the Assistance website.
• Ensure country threat ratings documents and website references reflect accurate threat and risk levels for region of responsibility; collaborate with co-analysts to review and determine appropriate ratings and notify leadership of developments/trends that may warrant rating revisions.
• Brief clients, internal stakeholders and/or leadership on regional developments as necessary.
• Meet deadlines and maintain consistency with updating schedule for various products and services; pro-actively seek out new information to include in products.
• Monitor group inbox; ensure all emails are acknowledged and actioned.
• Carry out special projects as tasked by supervisors.
• Identify potential hot spots around the world that may pose a security threat to customers and direct priority briefings as such.
• Interact with account managers, assistance centers, leadership, medical team and/or other internal stakeholders to ensure product integrity and education.
• To be proactive during operations or crisis response to provide intelligence to support operations as well as to ensure that operations tracking systems are up to date during a crisis or event.
• Support operations division as necessary, including but not limited to briefing internal/external parties on developing situations, maintaining contact with security vendors and arranging operational services when needed.
• Analysts may oversee division projects as directed by supervisors, especially projects related to report content/website management, etc. This includes overseeing the creation of tracking documents and ensuring deadlines are met among the analytical team.
• Update internal tracking documents (Product Tracker) and content management systems accordingly.
AIG Travel Security is a 24/7/365 operation, and all analysts work rotating shifts to ensure coverage during nights, weekends and holiday hours. Shifts rotate every 4 months. Analysts work 8 hour days, five days a week. This position is located at the AIG Travel office- 2929 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX. Relocation is not provided.
• Excellent reading and writing abilities; strong attention to detail and consistent, thorough grammatical knowledge is crucial.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of current global geo-political activity, threat conditions, and government structures.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; experience in Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
• Able to work with limited supervision and resources - must have a ‘can do' attitude.
• Must be able to work on a shift rotation to include evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays, etc.
• Well-developed communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives