Inside Sales Representative (No cold calling or prospecting)
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
At AIG, we offer a unique opportunity that will launch your career with opportunities for professional growth and development supported by a powerful entrepreneurial culture of innovation. We invite you to consider putting your talents to work.
The Inside Sales Representative will be trained to sell life insurance products that do not require medical underwriting to consumers that are either calling in or going on-line to request more information. Once this has been mastered and performance is high you will be considered for a promotion to Sales Account Executive where you will focus on learning and selling term life insurance products.
As a part of AIG Direct, you will have the opportunity to be trained on the products, value proposition, sales concepts, and gain the required licensing (State Life & Health License) to perform in this position. Individuals who excel come from different professional backgrounds, so no prior financial services experience is required.
We offer paid training, generous benefits plan, a base salary, plus a lucrative bonus or commission package that rewards your hard work and dedication. Our current top performers are earning uncapped six figure income!
- As an Inside Sales Associate, you will use your excellent communication and sales skills to provide detailed product information and respond to inquiries.
- Receiving inbound and/or outbound calls you will focus on client relationship development, sales, and quality retention.
- Demonstrate a competitive drive and desire to succeed established goals, key metrics, standard of performance and compliance.
- Develop rapport quickly with clients, internal departments, and external sales contacts to achieve sales goals.
- Ability to frame the conversation strategically and overcome objections (Negotiating and persuading, ability to listen and explain ideas).
- Demonstrate a competitive nature and ability to take action with limited supervision.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years of sales experience with demonstrated success
- Ability to obtain State Life and Health License before your start date
- Receiving inbound and/or outbound calls with ability develop rapport quickly with client
- Strong work ethic, demonstrate a passion for what you do every day
- Computer proficiency & great multi-tasking skills (ability to talk, listen and use technology)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and decision-making skills
What Our Employees Love Most About Working at AIG Direct:
- No cold calling or prospecting
- Unlimited earning potential
- At target, $65K- $100K annual earnings
- Compensation: Base + Commission
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work-life balance)
- Company paid licensing (state life and health license)
- On the job training & supportive management team
- Additional incentives including President's Club, annual bonuses & other rewards
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives