Account Risk Engineer - Construction
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
GLOBAL LOSS PREVENTION, INC.
- Analyze Construction projects and investigate the potential property and construction exposures for insurance purposes;
- Be a leader in Construction reviews and provide engineering support to underwriters for our large portfolio of construction policies;
- Be an autonomous operator to ensure projects and reviews are delivered in accordance with our operating guidelines;
- Manage the Client Service Process (CSP) including service plan development, service co-ordination, report reviews, stewardship meetings with our core clients;
- Produce detailed Account Summary Reports for underwriting purposes to convey understanding of exposure for Construction Projects;
- Undertake field surveys to monitor the progression of construction projects at core milestones within a program;
- Liaise with clients to mitigate exposures during construction project and develop relationships with core clients. The goal is to improve risk quality for our insured accounts.
- Civil Engineering bachelor degree qualified with demonstrated relevant experience;
- Preferable to have experience within the Construction industry;
- Strong grounding in Geo-technical design elements for construction;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (required). Good level of verbal and written English (required).
- Strong presentation skills;
- Preferable experience of detail design and execution phases of construction;
- Preferable to have working knowledge of Internationally recognized fire protection standards (e.g. NFPA Codes) as well as local asset protection standards (required).
- Preferable to be trained to assess Highly Protected Risk (HPR);
- Driven, Autonomous operator;
- Clear communication skills and ability to connect with people;
- Ability to write clear and concise overviews and executive summaries;
- Strong Analytical Skills;
- Work in a team environment;
- Strong knowledge of relevant U.S standards, industry guidelines and current industry practices;
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.