Senior Audit Manager
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) plays a critical role in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of AIG. The team adds value through helping improve operations; bringing a rigorous approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment of the Internal Audit Group. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and within Internal Audit.
As a Senior Audit Manager, you will be a part of our Internal Audit Consumer Insurance audit team. The position will report to the Audit Director. We are seeking a highly engaged and experienced audit professional, or equivalent industry experience, with strong competencies, both technical and interpersonal.
We have two Sr. Audit Manager openings. One will focus in our Group Retirement business; the other in our Life, Health & Disability business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Experienced in managing a team of audit professionals and able to execute, within a global team environment, all aspects of audit activities in accordance with IAG's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards.
- Assist the Director and Managing Director with annual audit planning, with proper balance of audit coverage considering the business units risk profile and other external and internal considerations, and determine staffing/resource requirements.
- Coordinate, influence and manage the execution of the audit plan, which includes risk and control evaluation, testing, audit report issuance, work paper review, and follow-up and verification of issues closure.
- Ability to hold team accountable for meeting deliverable, quality assurance and methodology standards, including providing real-time feedback.
- Budget, forecast, and deliver plan on time and within budget and resource requests.
- 8+ years audit experience within an internal audit team or external audit.
- Experience working in the financial/insurance industries a plus.
- At least one applicable profession certification desired.
- Strong 'managerial courage' to effectively deliver difficult messages to staff members and business management and determine appropriate reporting and escalation as needed.
- Effective writing and oral communication/presentation skills to clearly and concisely communicate audit results or other key messages, as needed, to a variety of constituents, including senior business and audit management, and regulators.
- Requires some travel, mostly domestic, and ad-hoc international travel when needed.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives