UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Key Position Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for marketing and underwriting a book consisting of large accounts and complex risks
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Meet renewal retention goals through strong negotiation and communication skills which may involve onsite meetings with brokers, clients, or centers of influence.
- Analyze current policy data including billing, inspection reports and loss runs to make educated decision on renewal PCG business.
- Identify and target new business and cross sell opportunities by building relationships with producers and account managers.
- Understand and adhere to authority guidelines
- Ensure polices contain all compliance related documentation
- Adhere to department standards and objectives
- Understanding of rating factors
- Basic organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve stated time service standards as outlined for particular role/function
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve quality objectives as outlined for particular role/function
- Competent written and verbal communication skills (Client relationships/informing & presentation skills)
- Basic problem solving skills (Individual performance/problem solving)
- Customer focused
- Ability to work effectively with peers
- Ability to work through change
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives