Suitability Review Analyst
CP - Compliance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Suitability Analyst will be responsible for providing suitability supervision for fixed and index annuity policies that are identified through the electronic screening supervision system for further review.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Provide suitability supervision for fixed and index annuity policies that are identified through the electronic screening supervision system for further review.
- Support the business by providing suitability supervision which includes reviewing an annuity policy pre-issuance to ensure that the investment vehicle selected is a suitable investment for the client meeting their stated needs and is appropriate given the corresponding client information.
- Liaison between Compliance, New Business, and Sales to ensure that our requirements are met, information is received, and due diligence is conducted prior to issuance of fixed and index annuity business where supervision is required.
What we are looking for
- Two or more years of related experience conducting suitability review of transactions.
- Thorough knowledge of securities products (i.e. mutual funds, variable annuities, alternative investments and individual securities), compliance requirements, as well as the broker/dealer industry.
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment to meet defined deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to diplomatically find solutions to assist advisors and internal business partners.
- Capable of understanding multiple administration systems.
- Very well versed in all products, Index Annuities, Fixed Annuities.
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.