Director, Business Development
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG WarrantyGuard, Inc.
AIG Warranty delivers a full range of service solutions including warranty management administration, extended service programs, customer service support, service network management, claims processing services, and service contract underwriting.
With over 20 years of experience, we are one of the warranty and service industry's leading providers, which is why many of the world's largest and most respected brands choose us. When retailers or manufacturers want flexible and innovative service solutions that will ensure the focus of building customer retention and customer satisfaction, they turn to us.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for implementing sales and marketing strategies for AIG by identifying new leads and new markets. This person will develop sales relationships, support outside sales team, schedule onsite visits, analyze prospects, communicate with prospects, and educate internal staff on opportunities, draft proposals, and close business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact target market prospects.
- Develop relationships with decision makers at target prospects.
- Create effective presentations and proposals.
- Evaluate prospects effectively using company processes.
- Conduct industry analysis
- Support RFP/RFI process
- Support for Broker/Rep sales leads
- Complete required sales reporting
- Respond to internal/external communications in a timely manner
- Maintain all documentation and records for global sales.
- Manage CRM system to track sales leads and progress.
- Develop proposals and review initial pricing/operations with internal and external teams.
- OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
- Prepare required IT documentation for sales initiatives
- Outline operational flows for proposals
- Develop pricing and analyze pricing
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Culture: Demonstrate commitment to: Excellence, Teamwork, Innovation, Initiative, and Can-do Attitude.
- Presentation: Excellent presentation skills with a strong customer focus.
- Sales: Persuasive and effective communication skills throughout the sales cycle.
- Communication: Develop rapport with Executive level prospects and industry leaders.
- Financials: Understanding of financials, profitability, and basic understanding of risk.
- Execution: Ability to develop and follow a sales process that is results oriented.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Warranty operational experience
- Financial knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years of sales/operations experience required.
- College degree preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives