VP & Actuary
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
Lexington Insurance Company
AIG advises a range of companies - from technology startups to publicly traded, Fortune 500 in size - on solutions to manage their global risk. In today's ever more complex, interconnected, global world, the science of risk management is critical to achieving business objectives.
AIG views actuaries as the inventive force behind business profit evaluation and optimal reserving. They leverage big data so business leaders make more informed decisions. Among other projects, actuaries at AIG monitor key performance indicators, identify dynamic and changing trends, ensure compliance with the evolving legal landscape, and help ensure the long term viability of AIG as an enterprise.
The candidate will be responsible for analyzing profitability and trends, directing the loss reserving and related financial reporting processes for Lexington casualty lines.
1. Work closely with business leaders to analyze and monitor profitability and trends to effectively guide business decisions
2. Manage the quarterly and annual reserving analyses and reviews
3. Communicate results and help influence business strategies
4. Work closely with actuarial, finance, and business unit management to develop monitoring and reporting tools for loss reserves and current year loss ratios
1. 15 years or more of actuarial experience in the Property/Casualty industry
2. Associate or Fellow of Casualty Actuary Society or Institute of Actuaries.
3. Strong managerial skills, including experience managing teams and complex processes.
4. Solid executive presence, including ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and influence decisions
5. Results oriented and high level of intellectual curiosity
6. Strong knowledge and experience with complex Property/Casualty business
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills
8. Good interpersonal skills and strong sense of responsibility
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives