.Net Web Applications Developer Intern
TH - Other
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming our industry's employer of choice. We believe that our success depends on a world class team with diverse and unequaled expertise. If you are looking for an opportunity to take on new challenges and work with cutting edge technology in a highly collaborative environment then we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG.
The responsibilities of the .NET Web Applications Developer Intern will consist of front-end and server side development, maintenance, and quality control over all domains managed by AIG Direct to include, www.aigdirect.com, and other marketing domains. Additionally, while working within the AGILE development methodology, you will have the opportunity to work on critical projects in a MVC Architecture to include .NET MVC, mobile development, and Vue.js.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with various internal and external teams including Off Shore teams, and IT vendors, to facilitate the front-end and back-end development of web applications.
• New Development - New initiatives are scheduled in the forthcoming year to include: CMS Development, , Marketing Automation Integration, Channel Partner Development, Web Services Management and Development, IVR integration, Mobile Development (phones/tablets), Administration Tools, and Reporting.
• Development and maintenance of unit tests - Setup and maintain a suite of Unit Tests to ensure a level of quality to the software development lifecycle.
• Platform Development Environment Maintenance - The development environments for staging and acceptance testing are required to be managed and maintained. This may include CMS updates; operating system updates (Windows), 3rd party software updates, etc.
• Additional Responsibilities - Application monitoring, Log file review, security monitoring, and Working with 3rd party vendors to coordinate updates/maintenance windows.
• Minimum grade point average of 3.0 (unofficial transcript required upon application)
• 2 years of college level education and on track to graduate with within 18 months
Technical Skills Required (Development & Maintenance):
REST Web Services
Experience with object oriented programming (OOP)
Working knowledge of MVC design pattern
Experience with unit testing and test driven development
Experience with Windows Server
Technical writing skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.