FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Global Real Estate Investment Corp.
The tax department is responsible for the preparation and review of partnership tax returns invested in properties that have been allocated the Low Income Housing Tax Credit, in addition to several related projects.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Assist in the preparation and review of multi state, multi tier partnership tax returns, addressing contributions, distributions, allocation of tax items, capital account analysis, loans, special allocations, sales of partnership interest or assets, credit and depreciation calculations, and winding up and dissolution of partnerships. Completion of the above requires the review of partnership agreements, partnership audits, partnership general ledgers and related backup and documentation.
• Assist in the preparation of apportionment data, state withholding, state waivers and state tax payments.
• Assist in the correspondence with federal and state agencies regarding notices.
• Assist in the preparation of annual investor reporting which entails the calculation of depreciation and low income housing credits in addition the analysis of other events that may affect the benefits delivered.
• Assist in the completion of annual benefits packages for the 3rd party investors, Corporate, and individuals.
• Assist with the gathering of data needed to provide tax provision reports and respond to data requests from Corporate.
• BA/BS in business or related field with an emphasis in accounting
• 1 or more years of experience in accounting and the preparation of tax returns
• Basic knowledge of partnership taxation and experience preparing partnership tax returns required
• Exposure to multi state filings helpful, but not required
• Knowledge of MS Excel required
• Database exposure is a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives