AIG Direct Sales Intern
TH - Other
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
We are now accepting applications for our 2018 Summer Internship. The AIG Direct Sales Intern position will be available in San Diego, CA. This is an excellent position for someone looking for a career in insurance sales.
The AIG Direct Intern program offers the brightest college students the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience in the insurance industry. Selected students will receive targeted training and the opportunity to apply academic learning with life experiences to support individual career aspirations. This internship program is designed to provide a strong foundation toward becoming successful within AIG Life & Retirement.
Throughout the AIG Direct Sales Intern program, interns will gain specific training toward a role as Contact/Support Specialist including, but not limited to:
- Opportunity to work alongside Sales Agents to gather pertinent information in order to help facilitate the sales cycle.
- Opportunity to learn sales techniques and talk with individuals who have requested quotes for life insurance products by making follow up calls in a professional, inside sales environment.
- Learn important elements of the role such as customer service, sales, operations and administrative support.
- Mentoring/Peer Network - With the assistance of the management team, interns are able to develop a strong network of relationships throughout all levels of the organization
Upon completion of the program, interns should have a solid understanding of the AIG Direct business model and the life insurance industry including the products and solutions offered. After successfully completing the program, interns should be prepared to move into a Sales Support Role within AIG Life & Retirement.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
Minimum grade point average of 3.0 (unofficial transcript required upon application)
• 2 years of college level education and on track to graduate within 18 months
• Proven leadership skills to pursue each rotation with enthusiasm and focus
• Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to multi task and set priorities as demonstrated through activities or work experience
• Excellent communication skills - oral and written presentation
• Excellent interpersonal skills - builds relationships easily, works well in teams
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.