Agile Coach / Scrum Master
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Service Net Warranty, LLC
Key Role / Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Summary Description: Agile Scrum Master
As an Agile subject matter expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for acting as a servant leader, educating the team on the Agile tenants, help remove impediments, and promote transparency. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement, and the ability to build a collaborative culture within the team.
- Serves one or more teams (medium to high complexity) tied to our transformation objectives using the SAFe framework.
- Facilitate Daily Stand up(s), sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
- Coach/Help facilitate refinement sessions with the product owner to keep the backlog healthy if necessary.
- Ensures cross-team coordination and reaches out to the larger company network to remove impediments.
- Maintains relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
- Liaises between all members on the team (including BAs, User experience / Visual Designers, developers, testers) and foster better communication between the disciplines.
- Takes responsibility for managing dependencies between the scrum teams and third parties or between the scrum team and other scrum teams.
- Remove impediments raised by the team and escalates to the release train engineer for greater visibility and attention.
- Guide and coach the team to become self-organized
- Guide the team to find the right person within the organization that can help them
Essential Knowledge & Skills
* 5-7 years of Technical experience - preferably in the Software Field.
* Experienced in a ScrumMaster role for at least 2 (two) years for a software development team
* Working understanding of Scrum and SAFe.
* Understanding of Test Driven Development.
* Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
* Knowledge of Agile approaches - Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
* Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques - Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc.
* Proven ability to establish collaborative partnerships, lead cross functional and cross divisional teams achieving swift adoption.
* Ability to manage in a complex matrix environment, interacting with multiple stakeholders, business owners, and leaders.
* The ability to distinguish between what \"is Scrum\" what is \"not Scrum\".
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives