Actuarial Assistant- Global Personal Accident and Travel
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
AIG Property Casualty Company
AIG is currently seeking a Actuarial Assistant to join our dynamic team. This position would be located at our Water Street office in New York City, with potential opportunity for some work-from-home options.
• Assist the design and construction of the rating tools for global implementation.
- Maintain the Global Group Rating Tool, with focus on enhancements, process improvements, and major initiatives such as the standard BTA product.
- Review product differences and rating considerations to propose methodology to incorporate into rating tools.
- Work collaboratively with operations, underwriting, Advanced Analytics and Field staff to identify rating tool implementation issues and evaluate options to solve roadblocks to implement the global rating tools in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor and analyze tool results including hit ratios and other quote statistics. Ultimately analyze experience following implementation and proposing recommendations for rating factors as well as overall methodology used on global rating tools.
• Assist in Peer Reviewing actuarial assumptions, rate development and P&L profitability of Field referrals as directed for new business and large cases
• Assist in developing and maintaining global best practices, methodological guidance, and standard rating tools and templates.
• Develop an understanding of the various risks applicable to the Personal Accident and Travel products and provide input as necessary to identify, measure, monitor, manage and control those risks
• Support global consolidation, review and analysis of annual budget loss ratios
• Work with portfolio management team to review overall business performance, develop KPIs, and increase standardization of performance metrics
• Provide support to regional staff as needed to fulfill priorities and meet deadlines.
• Undergraduate degree from accredited college or university.
• At least 2 actuarial exams
• At least 2 years experience in a Property Casualty or Life Insurance Company. Pricing and Accident and Health experience preferred.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to Business partners to enhance their decision-making ability.
• Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and to deliver results.
• Ability to work independently, reach decisions and make clear recommendations for approval.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and knowledge of VBA; experience with SAS, Emblem, Prophet, or other languages or systems is beneficial
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives