Production and Traffic Manager
CM - Communications
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Purpose of the Position: Key resource for both print job trafficking/production and also simple production art duties on an as-needed basis. Integrate with four person department in production tasks including those outlined below.
- Occasional and basic production art tasks, such as copy edits, creating PDF forms, converting/creating jpegs, or file exporting. This is not a design role, but Mac proficiency is required along with some experience using InDesign. Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
- As Traffic Manager, follow established procedures for tasks to include: tracking print-ready art files, track and route printer proofs, maintaining job status worksheet, update print job data using tracking software, send shipping/delivery notifications for print materials, etc. Also:
- Support Production Managers when required
- Collaborate with Design staff
- Administrative duties such as developing specification memos, arrival notices, and tasks in database. Knowledge of Excel highly desirable.
- Using internal job tracking software (will train) Traffic Manager may create new jobs, update open jobs, and close out completed jobs.
- Work with Director of Production and Marketing Managers on conferences/meetings, which may include creation of agendas, in-house printing, or production and coordination of deliverables.
- Working with Director of Production and Design staff, occasionally order photos or art from stock image houses.
- Working with Marketing Managers, help to coordinate personalization and customization of marketing material which might include obtaining photos of reps, signatures, etc.
- Assist with digital asset management which may include basic archiving of files and images. Knowledge of servers and file management highly desirable.
- Helping with other department specific tasks, which may include:
- Marketing job database queries
- Managing spreadsheets for large-scale projects
- Other types of assignments as needed and capable to benefit department
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.