Product Line Specialist (Business Development)
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
Lexington Insurance Company
AIG and its member companies form one of the world's leading insurance organizations. We provide insurance for businesses and individuals, helping individual customers plan for their futures by offering life insurance, travel insurance, product warranty, auto insurance and retirement products. Our commercial clients have come to rely upon our risk expertise and financial strength to help them address some of their most complex challenges - from huge construction projects to protecting themselves from the emerging threats to data security. We offer our people the chance to grow in a dynamic company that values teamwork, fresh perspectives, and a commitment to helping their clients.
AIG is currently seeking a high-level sales professional to join our Personal Lines Team. The Product Line Specialist's main focus is identifying new prospects and maintaining strong relationships with current partners -exclusive wholesale brokers and MGA's. The priority for the Product Line Specialist will be enhancing the growth of the Personal Lines products, and a strong candidate will have background knowledge of homeowners, excess flood, and collections insurance. The right candidate for this position will enjoy travel, as this role is anticipated to require 25%- 50% travels. When not traveling, this position will be a remote, work-from-home role. Travel will be domestic, including: New York, New Jersey, the Carolinas, Gulf States, and California. (Travel could also include the Northwest and the Midwest).
- Assist in the implementation of strategies designed to maximize profitable growth opportunities for Lexington Personal Lines/AIG Division 72
- Contribute to the development of target broker business plans to facilitate GWP growth of new and existing accounts
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with targeted brokers
- Identify and pursue selected 'target account' opportunities
- Actively engage at all levels within Lexington Personal Lines/AIG Division 72 to help drive GWP growth
- Perform all other underwriting duties as needed
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Underwriting experience- 5 years preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives