Life Core IT Project Lead
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Define/refines project objectives and tasks, evaluates various courses of action and selects the best alternative to attain project goals.
Manages projects through all phases of the development life cycle, including initiation, requirements and specifications, design, construction, testing, installation
and post implementation review.
Works with vendors, internal client management, project team members and stakeholders to define project scope, resource requirements, budget, timeline, deliverables
Assist with the development of the project strategy, supporting business case and various business unit wide high-level project plans.
Ensures integration of project tasks and scope, timing and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
Communicates with IT leadership, business leadership and/or IT business consultants to communicate program strategy, direction and changes.
Participate in annual budget process including; budget development, monthly reporting against forecast and actuals; Expense monitoring; review of cost benefits
analysis of project business cases.
Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor's degree and insurance experience preferred.
• Professional certification in program or project management from Project Management Institute (PMI) or other recognized certifying authority preferred.
• Previous management with both in-house development teams as well as vendor supported applications.
• Experience partnering with project technical leads.
• Experience setting and managing budgets and timelines.
• Experience managing multiple projects.
• Experience defining project Key performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Knowledge of the system development life cycle and application program.
• Knowledge of budgeting/accounting/finance concepts preferred.
• Analytical and technical skills.
• Communications and interpersonal skills.
• Leadership, management, communication and technical skills.
• Able to manage team interaction between core application development teams in different locations.
• Ability to manage multiple projects or a single large project within a business department.
• Knowledge of business processes.
• Knowledge of development methodologies, project planning and risk/issue management.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, & time management skills.
• Familiar with multiple SDLC methodologies such as waterfall and agile.
• Familiarity with Project management Software applications such as Microsoft Project and HP Project & Portfolio Management.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives