LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Claims, Inc.
AIG has an opportunity for a Senior Paralegal position in the Staff Counsel office representing developers and general contractors in Construction Defect litigation. The Paralegal will be responsible for collaboratively working with multiple attorneys during all phases of Construction Defect litigation.
Organize contracts, plans, specifications, letters and other legal/construction documents. Review, categorize and organize large numbers of documents for internal use and for outside production to opposing parties. Assist attorneys with preparations for client meetings, depositions, hearings, and trials. File documents in state court and prepare e-filing when appropriate. Handling all phases of discovery, trial, reporting and compliance with litigation management guidelines. Coordinate trial or hearing logistics, exhibits, technology, displays, etc. Coordinate electronic productions with clients, attorneys and third party vendors. Assist with law and motion, trial preparation and trial presentation. Assist attorneys in preparing a wide variety of documents, creating and maintaining notebooks. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Construction Defect Litigation.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at once.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Must be detail oriented, personable and have the ability to interact and develop relationships with attorneys, clients, staff and external vendors.
- Ability to work well in demanding and fast-paced high-volume environment
- Exhibit sound judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is critical.
- Proficient computer and skills using a variety of software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and various other systems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, shifting responsibilities, organize and prioritize work.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.