2018 Marketing Intern for Life Insurance Business
TH - Other
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions.
AIG's Life Insurance business provides a full line of innovative products designed to protect the hopes and dreams of families. We are seeking an enthusiastic summer intern to join our marketing team. In this role, you will gain insight into the industry, the ways we impact lives with the superior solutions we offer, and the channels through which the products are promoted and distributed. You will have the unique opportunity to support and contribute to a critical business initiative related to understanding, engaging, and retaining customers. Projects and activities will involve interaction and collaboration with individuals across the marketing team and the broader organization.
- Contribute to the documentation of customer experiences by assisting with journey mapping activities.
- Support the implementation of improvements to the customer experience.
- Participate in the identification of creative ways to accelerate the transformation of the organization to being customer-obsessed.
- Assist with the development and execution of communication strategies that support the cultural change including newsletters, webinars, and website content.
- Assist with capturing, analyzing, and reporting the voice of the customer collected through surveys and other research methods.
- Assist in additional Marketing team projects as assigned.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 (unofficial transcript required upon application)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, or candidate for Bachelor's or Master's degree to be received no later than June 2019
- Educational focus on marketing or marketing research preferred
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives