2018 Annuity Internal Wholesaler Intern
TH - Other
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
We are now accepting applications for our 2018 Summer Internship. The Internal Wholesaler Intern position will be available in Houston, Texas. This is an excellent position for someone looking for a career in financial services. The Internal Wholesalers work with External Wholesaler(s) as a business development resource to financial planners and advisors for AIG Life and Retirement products.
An Internal Wholesaler is typically responsible for gathering and utilizing marketing intelligence to increase sales for a specific territory(ies). Together with the External Wholesaler(s) the Internal Wholesalers are responsible for developing new and maintaining existing business relationships. Business relationships are forged via proactively contacting financial advisors and providing sales support by responding to advisors calls regarding our products.
The AIG Internal Wholesaler Intern program offers the brightest college students the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience in the financial services industry. Selected students will receive targeted training and the opportunity to apply academic learning with life experiences to support individual career aspirations. This internship program is designed to provide a strong foundation toward becoming a successful Internal Wholesaler within AIG Life & Distribution.
Throughout the AIG Internal Wholesaler Intern program, Interns will gain specific training toward a role on an inside sales desk to include but not limited to:
o Product Training
o Business Planning
o Sales Techniques
o Technical and Systems Training
o Mentoring/Peer Network - With the assistance of the management team, Internal Wholesaler Interns are able to develop a strong network of relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
Upon completion of the program, Internal Wholesaler Interns should have a solid understanding of the retirement/life insurance services industry, the products and investment solutions offered and the organization's core competencies. After successfully completing the program, Internal Wholesaler Interns should be prepared to move into a non-licensed Sales Support Role within AIG Life & Distribution.
• Minimum grade point average of 3.0 (unofficial transcript required upon application)
• 2 years of college level education and on track to graduate with within 18 months
• Proven leadership skills to pursue each rotation with enthusiasm and focus
• Demonstrated organization skills, ability to multi task and set priorities, as demonstrated through activities or work experience
• Excellent communication skills -oral and written presentation
• Excellent interpersonal skills - builds relationships easily, works well in teams
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• AIG seeks candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about and committed to the insurance industry.
• The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility).
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives