Investment Analyst Credit Research - Infrastructure
IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
AIG Investments' Private Credit Group invests on behalf of AIG's Consumer and Commercial insurance companies. The Group's portfolio totals nearly $40 billion across several classes. These asset classes include Corporate Privates, Infrastructure, Asset Backed Securities (“ABS”), and Leveraged Capital (high yield and mezzanine securities). These investments are typically long-term, fixed rate debt securities issued by public or private companies outside of the public bond market, in a range of industries and geographies.
In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring a portfolio of existing investments and assisting infrastructure deal leads in evaluating new transactions. The Infrastructure portfolio includes over 200 Project Finance, Energy and Utility issues in 16 countries. Annually, we consider over 50 new credits and are continuously monitoring trends in these industries. New investment recommendations and amendment and restructuring negotiations must be conducted using good judgment on credit, structure and pricing with the goal of providing appropriate levels of protection and return for the risk taken.
- Manage credits in the Infrastructure portfolio including: reviewing periodic financial and compliance statements; completing credit reviews; analyzing amendment requests; ensuring accurate monthly portfolio pricing; and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the analysis, review, and recommendation of new private placement transactions including: developing financial models; analyzing industry trends and issues; drafting approval memorandums; participating in due diligence meetings with issuer management; conducting reference checks; and participating in internal approval committees.
- Follow sound risk management and compliance protocols within AIG. Work with in-house and external counsel, to satisfactorily document amendments and new transactions.
- Maintain relationships with issuers, Infrastructure sponsors, debt advisors and other investors, as well as work with internal constituents, to close transactions.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Familiarity with Project Finance, Utility and Energy financial structures and legal documentation.
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure integration; specifically how credits allocate risk.
- Comprehensive understanding of specialized markets, including power, transportation, energy and natural resources.
- Background in debt capital markets, bank loans and commodity markets. Understanding of political processes, many investment opportunities incorporate some political risk.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives