Manager Infrastructure IT Security Assessments
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
The Manager of Infrastructure IT Security Assessments team is responsible for assessing the IT infrastructure (servers, user endpoints, network, etc) for secure configuration, vulnerabilities, patches and maintaining the security configuration standards.
Manage the security configuration standards for the various platforms used at the firm. Configure and assess the various platforms for security compliance to security configuration settings, patches, and vulnerabilities.
Automate the assessment and reporting capabilities. Collaborate with various IT and business IT teams to ensure the environment gets remediated.
Arrange periodic vendor roadmap discussions that keep other stakeholders abreast of new capabilities.
Complete requests from internal and external auditors on company security controls.
Develop security project schedules and documentation as needed.
Act as a liaison between the security groups, business owners, clients & system managers
Perform other security related duties as requested.
Must have experience and ability in leading a team of security professionals to accomplished defined goals.
Breadth and depth of IT experience is required for this role.
1. Must have systems administration skills in diverse technologies including Windows, Linux, UNIX, and networking technologies.
2. Must be a creative self-starter with the ability to dig deeply into problems, identify root causes, and recommend sustainable solutions.
3. Must have experience with computer scripting or programming languages.
4. Must have demonstrable troubleshooting experience with Windows, Linux, UNIX, and networking systems.
5. Must have ability to identify gaps in procedures, and willingness to communicate them to the team, and suggest improvements.
6. Must have ability to simplify complex technical jargon into both written and oral communications for an IT audience.
7. Must have understanding of IT system monitoring mechanisms and tools.
8. Must demonstrate a knowledge of core security concepts and enthusiasm for defending the firm from adversaries.
9. Should have basic SharePoint administration experience, including development of document libraries, lists, discussion boards, and surveys.
10. Should have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010. This includes the ability to manipulate and analyze raw data in applications like Excel and Access.
11. Must have good communication skills and the ability to manage people.
12. Experience in a large, complex, global organization strongly preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives