CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Claims, Inc.
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Complex Casualty Claim department.
This position reports to an a Vice President in the Casualty Complex Claims department.
- Management of coverage litigation involving AIG member companies involving various casualty policies.
- Investigation, evaluation and disposition of new and existing primary and excess layer claims that involve a variety of coverage issues including construction claims.
- This position further requires presentations to senior management along with the supporting documents addressing recommendations for the claim disposition.
- Ability to handle complex claims involving diverse coverage issues.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills along with excellent communication, negotiation and investigation skills are required.
- Coverage background and/or litigation experience is preferred as are computer skills and reinsurance knowledge.
- Willingness to travel and present to senior management are essential as well as the ability to manage outside counsel, negotiate and investigate.
- An insurance coverage background and/or other relevant litigation experience are preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives