Payment Services Specialist
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
1. Respond to complex inquiries from a variety of customers. Recognize that each customer group (agents, brokers, policyholders, internal audit/compliance) has a different level of understand of the product and respond accordingly.
2. Analyze non-routine problems and communicate effectively by telephone, letter, or email with agents, policyholders, and employees of other sections and departments.
3. Process a variety of premium and file maintenance transactions to apply and reverse premiums, process mode changes, cancellations, lapses, and other transactions as relates to billing and collection.
4. Research and resolve complex suspense items under assigned desk code for reconciliation purposes, report total out-of-standard suspense items weekly. Work closely with Accounting Operations team to clear all out-of-standard suspense items.
5. Maintain accurate, well-documented case files.
1. One to two years relevant experience in the insurance industry preferred.
2. High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Some college preferred.
3. Knowledge of AGNIS and VFLEX systems, or equivalent policy admin system experience with a willingness to learn new systems.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service technique.
5. Ability to use sound judgment and make decisions. Must have initiative to take responsibility for work assigned and complete it with minimal supervision.
6. Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and AWD. Ability to learn new systems as required.
7. Good interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to interact with other team members, external customers, agents and management in a professional manner.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.