Catastrophe Analyst Sr
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
AIG is the leading US based international insurance organization and among the nation's largest underwriter of commercial and industrial coverage. We currently have an opening for a Property Catastrophe Portfolio Analyst in our Personal Insurance CAT Management Department.
The qualified candidate will become a member of AIG's Personal Insurance CAT Management Department and report to the US Property Catastrophe Portfolio Manager.
The candidate for this role will engage in all aspects of CAT accumulation and modeling for US Personal Property and Auto for AIG high net worth and E&S divisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide catastrophe modeling and analytical support for home office business leaders, corporate CAT, actuarial, and finance teams
- Provide updates and loss estimates on CAT events before, during, and after occurring
- Support activities such as treaty and CAT reinsurance placements, portfolio analytics, and annual CAT budgeting
- Continuously improve the quantity and quality of data captured for modeling
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required - The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 3-5 years of CAT analytics experience at an insurance carrier, broker, or reinsurer
- A solid understanding of CAT modeling concepts and the Personal Insurance business
- In-depth familiarity with RMS & AIR models and database structure
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, mathematics, finance or related field
- Advanced degree or modeling/insurance designations preferred
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives