Sr. Cyber Security Data Science and Response Analyst
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American International Group, Inc.
AIG's global Cyber-risk Defense Center (gCDC) is responsible for preventing, detecting and responding to cyber threats to AIG. This role is a member of the Cyber Risk Defense Team that drives security operations and supports the gCDC in achieving its goals.
The successful candidate will assist in developing the data science capability to provide the gCDC with statistical content to detect novel attack patterns. The successful candidate will work closely with members of the gCDC's Security Monitoring, Incident Response and Threat Intelligence functions.
• Work with team members from the gCDC's Security Monitoring, Incident Response and Threat Intelligence functions on an ongoing basis to understand their latest observations and to inform decision-making and provide innovative mechanisms to detect future cyber attacks.
• Responsible for understanding complex problems and delivering business-focused analysis, reporting and recommendations.
• Discover insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques.
• Integrate and prepare large, varied datasets from which to extract meaningful insights.
• Work closely with data custodians, project/program managers and other IT teams to turn data into crucial insights and knowledge that can be utilized to make informed organizational decisions
• Multithreaded and/or cluster computing/big data experience (e.g., SMP, Hadoop, etc) preferred.
• Experience developing tools for the detection of anomalous activity
• Experience developing analytics for large and streaming data sets
• Experience of analyzing computer security information
• Network data analysis
• Ability to learn on the job, performing analysis efficiently while balancing attention to detail with thoroughness
• A creative thinker who can propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches on the set of information available
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills working with remote peers over IM, phone & video
• Ability to speak authoritatively and confidently while balancing respect & tact with customers
• Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of AIG including both technical and non-technical staff, management and senior leadership
• Proficient organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Possessing strong analytical and troubleshooting/problem solving skills while still maintaining business focus
• High-level critical thinking skills
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
6+ years of experience in the information security industry with an emphasis on big data platforms and frameworks, graph analytics and state of the art data visualizations techniques.
Formal Education & Certification:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college/university *(or equivalent experience).
• Statistics, Machine Learning or related field Masters is desirable
• Preferred Certifications:
o Security Certifications including CISSP, GIAC, CEH, Security +
o Relevant SANS courses and experience
o Informs: Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
o EMC Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA) Certification
o Revolution R Enterprise Certified Specialist
o HDP Certified Developer (HDPCD)
o HDP Certified Administrator (HDPCA)
o Splunk Power User, Administrator or Architect
**A combination of experience and education will be considered for this role.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives