Data Technologies and Integration Engineering Hadoop Lead
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
The Data and Analytics Technology organization is looking for an experienced Data Technologies and Integration Engineering Hadoop Lead for both technical delivery and solution modeling.
This is a highly collaborative and creative role; candidates should be comfortable wearing many hats and have the proven experience with detailed technical design and ability to navigate and work through complex global implementation tasks for existing systems, interoperability requirements, as well as support business and detailed level discussions for data technology design and modeling.
A perfect candidate will possess
- Leadership qualities to manage and grow globally distributed staff, including P&L management
- Industry experience for Big Data (Hortonworks preferred), visualization, and analytics technologies along with deep process understanding for lifecycle management and cost recovery
- Technical experience with Hadoop technologies (Hortonworks distribution - all components), Netezza, IBM InfoSphere, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB), and modeling with R and Python
- Technical experience with cloud implementation and migration strategies - AWS based
- Design and implementation experience for enterprise technical and data (data quality, metadata management, data integration, etc) solutions
- Ability to drive next generation ideation sessions with business and technical organizations
- Industry awareness for directional planning
- Strong background on Data Center Technologies
- Strong background on High availability, High performance computing
Leadership Competencies: The position calls for a thought leader to take responsibility for steering the global organization towards new analytical opportunities through capability development and business insights. This position is expected to identify, lead and drive business analytics innovation using Hadoop and other next generation platforms---and to directly influence senior leadership of AIG on a wide spectrum of analytic- and data-related strategic business development and management issues and opportunities. Additional competencies include:
- An inclusive hands-on leadership style with proven experience leading, motivating, developing and inspiring a team of analytics professionals. Demonstrated ability to build and lead highly effective teams.
- Outstanding oral/written communication and presentation skills; proficiency in preparation and presentation of analytical reports and documents
- Effective change agent and long-term vision of business development
- Collaborate with enterprise technology organizations for provisioning and lifecycle planning, including implementation of availability solutions and sustaining services planning for capacity and performance management
- Collaborate with Science and cross organizations for analytics solutions and data management requirements and design
- Budget management - running the group as a business
- Guide and consult on data technology portfolio tools and migration solutions - engineering, evolution, governance
- Define and design enterprise integration interfaces
- Facilitate requirements sessions and translate into conceptual, logical/ canonical and physical data model for transactional and data warehousing solutions
- Coordinate and guide technical organizations for implementation of physical designs
- Provide guidance and partner with project management, development and QA teams by applying knowledge of enterprise data and analytics technology designs
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in IT and business intelligence.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in Big Data and large enterprise technical implementations and related management
- Experience with enterprise application design and implementation
- Experience with technical migration strategies
- Experience with REST and SQL data integration
- At least 3 years work experience managing and mentoring team members
- Hands-on experience with \"productionalizing\" Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives