IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
Commercial insurance technology is a big part of AIG that is currently on a transformational journey with a big emphasis on enhancing the user experience of its applications that are spread across the web, mobile and desktop platforms. As a UI development manager, you'll lead a team of dynamic front-end developers, manage multiple work-streams, and liaise with UX, product, business and technology teams to create and deliver consistent, contextual and continuous experiences. The role requires in-depth expertise in front end development skills and thorough project management experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day project leadership and overall accountability for project implementation
- Accountable for leading the portfolio of IT projects agreed and prioritized with the business & IT function
- Accountable for the management and maintenance of the IT project portfolio for the business function.
- Accountable for the management and maintenance of key business process maps, and application/infrastructure landscape
- Responsible for working with the leadership team to participate in the definition of solutions, delivery and alignment to business and IT strategies.
- Responsible for the communication of the SIO vision and strategy for both the function and IT solutions to the business function.
- To be the point of contact for queries around the level of IT service or project delivery raised by the business function leadership team.
- To provide project and service support as the point of contact for matters escalated to the business leadership team from IT.
- Responsible for the implementation of the SIO and Delivery functions vision and goals.
- Responsible for supporting the IT relationship with 3rd Party Suppliers
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered to agreed timelines, budget and meet quality standards set by SOX, Audit and internal governance policies.
- Continually identify opportunities for process improvement and initiate work to do so where cost benefit justified
- Proven ability to build relationships with senior business managers and to communicate business strategy to IT, in respect of fit to IT strategies and delivery plans.
- Strong IT delivery management experience of leading and developing a team of diverse staff on an assignment basis, across multiple disciplines.
- Strong Talent and people Management skills and experience of direction setting and organizational development
- Excellent communication and listening skills with people at all levels of the organization from divisional Exec teams to project assigned resources
- The ability to understand and translate IT and business vision, to set goals required to develop an accountable and collaborative environment within which the quality of delivery clear and understood
- Proven experience of working at a senior level in IT, working closely with country business and IT partners (including external suppliers) within a fast peace environment.
- Have strong appreciation of, and respect for, diversity in the workplace.
- Proven track record in managing a portfolio of programs and projects, and the ability to initiate and lead change at a corporate level
- Proven delivery track record of working closely with senior business teams - leading major projects.
- Experience of leading strategic change programs including use of 3rd party suppliers across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated technical leadership in systems integration, and provision of IT support services across applications / infrastructure
- Proven vendor management skills.
- Proven experience of budgeting & financial control at departmental level
- Ability to work on complex problems requiring detailed analysis, and identification and implementation of recovery actions.
- Experience within financial services background or in process / transaction led business
Typical Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in computer science /engineering / business related field with a proven track record of continuous skill development
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Hands on experience in Agile and Waterfall Project Methodologies and various project management tools like Agile Central, Version One, Microsoft TFS project management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products (including Project, Visio, and SharePoint)
- PMP Certified is a plus
- CSM Certified is a plus
- Insurance knowledge beneficial
Typical Minimum Knowledge and Skills
- Organizational and time management skills - Self-starter with strong organizational skills; Possesses skills to effectively plan and manage multiple priorities; uses time efficiently
- Communication skills - verbal communication is clear, professional and persuasive in positive and negative situations; Listens and gets clarification. Writes clearly, professionally and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs and communicates to appropriate audience
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Excellent team building and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of development methodologies, project planning and risk/issue management.
- Familiar with System Development Life Cycle
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives