Field Underwriter- Excess
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
As a Field Underwriter, you will be focused on developing a profitable book of Excess Casualty business by building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to source high quality submissions, determine/prioritize submissions to be underwritten, and quote/negotiate pricing with broker. You'll work closely with a dedicated group of Technical Underwriters who are responsible for the bulk of the risk evaluation, pricing range determination, and terms and condition recommendation, leaving you to focus on the external selling and negotiating, problem solving, and the relationship dimension of the underwriter role.
• A Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Working knowledge of US Excess Casualty lines of business including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
• Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
• Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
• Comfort with analytical tools and technology
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.