Underwriting Manager, Personal Lines
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
Your Future Team:
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG's Personal Lines division.
Your Contribution at AIG:
The Underwriting Manager will be responsible for underwriting, marketing, and performing other duties to support and manage an underwriting staff from a referral, planning, monitoring, development of underwriting skills and ensuring adherence to the underwriting guidelines.
- Reviewing the production of the assigned book of business to ensure expected growth/profitability to meet the Division expectations and implementing a business plan to improve or attain desired results.
- Managing performance management and application of company policies.
- Analyzing risks and underwriting all products for Lexington Personal Lines, including homeowners, vacant dwelling, excess flood and inland marine. The role accepts, recommends or decides to reject or modify risk.
- Evaluating risk performance and assisting in attaining profitability objective within delegated authority and in accordance with established underwriting guidelines.
- Providing product knowledge, marketing, cross selling and underwriting support .
- Training and assisting underwriters & agents on system, guidelines, and workflow and acting as a key contact for specific agents for product knowledge, training, and development while managing and analyzing to ensure profitable growth for premium & loss ratio.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- 3-5 years of Personal Lines underwriting experience for homeowners, dwelling property, excess flood, and inland marine; excess & surplus lines experience would be beneficial
- Experience leading a team, strong portfolio management and strategic planning experience would be beneficial
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong marketing/ negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills with effective time management skills and have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives