AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Purpose of the Position:
- To provide analysis to and influence over the development and improvement of the modeling methodology for the pricing and risk management of AIG's annuity products.
• Provide support to the development of methodology under different pricing metrics used for AIG Consumer's Individual Retirement Variable Annuity and Index Annuity products
• Given the complexity of the financial products sold by Individual Retirement, conduct research and provide interpretation for the pricing and hedging of derivatives based on information/data provided by the Market Risk Management function
• Research and review model changes submitted by model development team for accuracy
• Diligently explore for efficiencies including internal unit cross-training to ensure coverage
• Pursue actuarial exam progress, if applicable
• Other duties as assigned.
- Professional/Technical training or knowledge: Near ASA or Financial Engineering Background preferred.
- Basic knowledge of financial instruments including derivatives
- Experience with and knowledge of stochastic simulation (Monte Carlo).
- Strong programming knowledge (Python/C++) preferred.
- Work experience: A minimum of 1 years annuity support experience or related experience preferred.
- Solid analytical and communication skills required.
- General education or equivalent: BA/BS Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering or equivalent major.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.