Product Manager - Science
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
The Science team at AIG develops AI-first products (apps and services that use machine learning to inform and assist their users) for both the insurance and investment arms of AIG. This is mainly achieved through:
- Incubation of disruptive innovation (through scientists, engineers and designers working together)
- Machine learning R&D (and publication in top AI/ML conferences and journals)
- Machine-learning advisory / consultancy to AIG's global businesses
The resulting solutions and innovations aim to reinvent AIG's internal processes, improve AIG's offerings to its clients (in line with the company's mission to be its clients' most valued insurer), and ultimately disrupt the wider insurance industry.
As a critical role in Science's success, we are looking to hire Product Managers, who will work with teams of engineers, designers, scientists and business partners to constantly align product vision; innovate and execute product initiatives across the company; take the product from conception / definition through to launch, and function as a central resource with design, quality, test, and production release as the product(s) move through their lifecycle.
This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to demonstrate leadership - both direct and by influence - to drive the product strategy, roadmap, launch and operations, while enjoying the work in a multidisciplinary AI product team.
Responsibilities and Performance Objectives:
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis - including, not limited, defining and analysis of success metrics
- Define product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners / clients
- Work closely with teams of engineers, scientists and designers to develop products and deliver them to market
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about product, successfully leading cross-functional teams to deliver on a product vision (e.g., development of product roadmaps, specification/requirements documents, wireframes, user stories, and personas)
- Fluency in human-centered design, ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Good understanding of how technology teams operate, with experience working Agile/Lean
- A background in data-driven decision making and working with data to find solutions and answers
- Experience in all aspects of building and launching online products
- Experience in translating usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to meet explicit and implicit user needs
An ideal candidate is not required to, but will also have:
- Experience working in the finance or insurance industry
- Strong data analytics skills
- Experience working with AI and machine learning-based products
- Start-up or digital agency experience
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives