IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Travel Assist, Inc.
Works closely with the QA Manager, Developers, Business Analysts, Business Operations, Project Managers and other QA staff to ensure that business requirements are testable and verifiable as identified by the project team in order to ensure requirements traceability and delivery of expected functionality.
The QA Analyst is responsible for:
• Review of the test cases/scripts of the release.
• Ensuring all possible scenarios are captured in the test.
• Assisting with creation of Test Plans and estimation.
• Test scripting and Test execution.
• Defect tracking.
• Thoroughly testing the application implementation to ensure that it meets the full functional and technical requirements.
• Able to provide basic/simple estimate for Testing Work Effort.
• Reviews documentation (for example, Business Requirements, Use Cases, Functional Specification Documents) as they relate to the given test stage.
• Reviews and provides input to Master and Detailed test plans, traceability matrix, estimation, test metric reports, etc.
• Inform the Test lead and Project Manager of any issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the solution or the testing process.
• Participates in the definition of entry and exit criteria for the different test phases
• Read and understand Business Requirements and translate functional enhancements described into Test Cases.
• Prepare Test Specification Documents (Test Conditions, Test Cases, and Test Scripts).
• Performs peer reviews for system/integration test specifications.
• Determine the test conditions, which identify exactly what needs to be tested, and verify that they match their related development stages and the requirements, objectives and designs, they intend to prove. For each test condition, identify the expected result following execution of the test.
• Group test scenarios and test conditions relating to similar technical or functional aspects of the application into test cases. Verify a balance is achieved between completely independent test cases and sequential cases that are dependent upon each other (e.g., name and description of the test case, business relevance, and type of the test case, execution dependency, and the approximate time span needed to execute the test case).
• Define and create test data to be used for testing.
• Ensure the test cases are thoroughly reviewed and amended based on ITG SME/Lead and BA review comments.
• Translate Business Requirements into Test Cases.
• Participate in test readiness reviews and turn over activities between the development and testing teams.
• Perform System and Integration Test Execution.
• Reviews requirements documentation to determine the cause of the defect.
• Review and satisfy the test entry criteria, defined in the Test Execution checklist, to confirm all deliverables have been created, domain processes have been followed, and all development standards followed, to enable scenarios outlined in test conditions/scripts to be executed.
• Meticulously follow the step-by-step instructions in the Test Script assigned according to the Test Plan. At each step, follow the action/description and verify that data is input correctly.
• Compare the actual results with the expected results to identify discrepancies and log a defect when there is a mismatch.
• Adhere to AIG policies and procedures (SDLC, ADM, FED Readiness and other Quality Assurance processes).
• Contribute continuous improvement activities for Testing (which resulted in improved productivity, reduced cost, improved phase containment, reduced production defects etc.).
• Conducts Knowledge Transfer (KT) to team member.
• Input to Test Estimates and Test plans.
• Input to Requirement Traceability Matrix.
• Reviewed Test Case & Test Script.
• Executed Test Scripts.
• Logged defects.
Keep up to date on current technology
• Read periodic information systems journals/magazines.
• Participate in professional user groups and organizations.
• Attend professional conferences, meetings, seminars and training.
• Research and evaluate new tools and techniques.
Adhere to all IS policies and procedures
• Keep current with all policy and/or procedural changes.
• Apply all the approved policies and procedures.
Other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.