Executive Assistant - Houston, TX
AS - Administrative Support
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
In this role, you will be responsible for providing executive and project management support to the Executive Vice President, Strategic Accounts and CFO for AIG Financial Distributors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to data reporting and analysis, creating PowerPoints and materials for senior leader presentations, managing various internal processes, calendar management, arranging domestic and international travel, meeting and event planning and general administrative support.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Developing power point presentations for senior leadership.
Reviewing financial reports, data analysis and interpretation. Quality review presentations and financial reports for concept and accuracy. Maintains databases and tracks project deadlines.
Making efficient and frequent complex domestic and international travel arrangements adhering to all corporate and budgetary guidelines using internal systems for Sr. Executives.
Managing multiple calendars using Outlook; keep senior management staff abreast of any changes and allow for sufficient desk time.
Coordinating all department senior staff meetings, conferences and luncheons. Order and prepare all items necessary for such events.
Providing professional and courteous phone coverage for senior management staff, screen and escalate calls as necessary, take efficient phone messages and communicate message to appropriate parties.
Ability to work independently in a high profile office environment exercising necessary discretion and judgment on a routine basis.
Creating moderately difficult reports for senior management as needed, compiling data and gathering information from various sources.
Providing data timely and handle multiple transactions with high accuracy.
Must be professionally responsive to customer needs when requested.
Providing back up for administrative staff as needed.
Other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
- Qualified candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Superior PowerPoint skills required. Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Strong anticipation and forward thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to interact at all levels with internal and external business partners.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to tasks and be comfortable working with minimal instruction and guidance.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
- 5 plus years performing equivalent assistant support duties in a large corporate environment.
- Reliable, flexible, dependable, professional at all times
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives