New Business Processor (Customer Service/ Mailroom operations)
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
At AIG, we offer a unique opportunity that will launch your career with opportunities for professional growth and development supported by a powerful entrepreneurial culture of innovation. New Business Processor is responsible for printing, sorting, preparing and distributing correspondence within the company and nationally to our customers responding to nationwide marketing campaigns. Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the administrative Customer Service Support functions including report updates, database updates, inbound and outbound client phone calls. Assigned to special projects and/or additional duties as required.
Typical work week is Monday through Friday, (8AM-5PM) normal business hours. This is a non-exempt, hourly position reporting to the New Business Supervisor.
- Responsible for printing, sorting, preparing and distributing correspondence within the company and nationally to our customers responding to nationwide marketing campaigns.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming correspondence and materials from customers, carriers and suppliers.
- Operate and maintain mailing and shipping equipment and perform mailroom functions.
- Responsible for the quality control review of applications, policies and forms to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the administrative Customer Service Support functions including report updates, database updates, inbound and outbound client phone calls.
- Assigned to special projects and/or additional duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- 1 year minimum - Administrative and/or Mailroom experience
- Insurance customer service experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with working in a Windows environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic, demonstrate a passion for what you do every day
- Ability to be standing or walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs
What Our Employees Love Most About Working at AIG Direct:
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- On the job training & supportive management team
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.