Director, Application Development
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
Director, Application Development Responsibilities:
• Works closely with business partners to identify system needs/opportunities, understand priority, present potential solutions, and provide cost and time line estimates.
• Provides high quality Information Technology systems on time, within agreed budget, with superior quality, using approved architecture and products.
• Ensures systems developed are in compliance with AIG/ Division standards and guidelines.
• Manages multiple projects/project managers concurrently and provides technical oversight for all systems-related activity.
• Participates in setting strategic direction and implements solutions that align to it.
• Has management responsibility for employees and contractors, which includes the following tasks:
* Sets goals, assigns and directs staff activities
* Reviews and evaluates staff performance and prepares periodic performance appraisals. Guides and coaches staff to maximize performance.
* Contributes to salary planning process
* Determines development needs and works with resources to develop career plans
• Maintains service levels and production system availability.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
• 10+ years application development experience, including 3-5 years of experience managing projects and staff.
• Technical management background with proven ability to provide cost-effective technical solutions to meet business needs.
• Previous role with financial accountability for large projects or area operating budget.
• Past experience evaluating new technologies and integrating solutions into new and legacy environments
• Proven ability to partner across multiple technical and non-technical areas Preference may be given to candidates with the following experience/knowledge:
• Use of agile or iterative development methodologies for project delivery in a previous role
• Project delivery experience in a highly regulated sector
• Previous experience managing both in-house and remote vendor development teams.
• Understanding of Dev Ops and how it impacts and streamlines an organization
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives