Private Client Group Complex Adjuster- San Francisco Area/Northern California
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Claims, Inc.
AIG is now hiring for an enthusiastic, self-starting General Adjuster to serve our Private Client Group. The Private Client Group General Adjuster will handle complex coverage, significant Property claims, in terms of severity of and / or high dollar value. Position will also be responsible for handling and/or coordinating and formulating effective plans to bring the claims to resolution. This position is a remote (work from home) position and will require local travel within Northern California- San Francisco Area (90%) and occasional out of state travel (10%). A company vehicle is provided.
- Makes timely and sound decisions by appropriately analyzing coverage, recovery potential and validating damages to resolve claims.
- Modifies decisions based on new information when appropriate. Includes others in the decision-making process as warranted.
- Operates independently within stated authority limits.
- Keeps management informed of progress, issues, and potential problems.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Homeowner Property claims required.
- Specific prior experience in personal lines claims and exposure to and knowledge of affluent market segment is highly desirable.
- In depth knowledge of construction trades and terminology, residential building materials and techniques, and cost based construction estimating skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, decision making and problem solving skills required.
- Self-starter with the ability to act independently.
- Have licensing or be willing to obtain licensing (AIG supported).
- Xactimate experience required.
- College degree or equivalent education and experience
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.