Investment Analyst - Asset Backed Securities/Structured Privates
IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
AIG Investments' Private Credit Group invests on behalf of AIG's Consumer and Commercial insurance companies. The Group's portfolio totals nearly $40 billion across several classes. These asset classes include Corporate Privates, Infrastructure, Asset Backed Securities (“ABS”), and Leveraged Capital (high yield and mezzanine securities). These investments are typically fixed rate debt securities issued by public or private companies outside of the public bond market, in a range of industries and geographies.
In this role, responsibilities include:
- Assist in the management of credits in the ABS/Structured Privates portfolio including: reviewing trustee reports and periodic financial and compliance statements; completing credit reviews; analyzing amendment requests; ensuring accurate monthly portfolio pricing; and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the analysis, review, and recommendation of new investment transactions including: developing financial models; analyzing industry trends and issues; drafting credit approval memorandums; participating in due diligence meetings with issuer management.
- Follow sound risk management and compliance protocols within AIG.
- Work with in-house and external counsel, to satisfactorily document amendments and new transactions.
- Maintain relationships with issuers, debt advisors and other investors, as well as work with internal constituents, to close transactions.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 2-5 years of experience in debt capital markets.
- Familiarity with Corporate Credit Analysis, and/or ABS financial structures and legal documentation.
- Strong analytic skills and a working knowledge of financial statements.
- Background in debt capital markets, bank loans or ABS markets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Four-year degree form an accredited college or university is required, preferably in finance or accounting. MBA and/or CFA preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives