Manager, Reinsurance - Property Casualty
RE - Reinsurance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Property Casualty Company
AIG Property Casualty Company has an opportunity for a Manager, Reinsurance - Property Casualty in New York. The job involves the placement and compliance oversight of US facultative RI ensuring it meets the AIG RI guidelines, reporting on such placements. A complete description is listed below:
* Support effective and compliant design and placement of facultative programs through:
* Providing reinsurance expertise to the direct underwriters globally.
* Reviewing and approving global facultative submissions on the eReinsure marketplace prior to release to the market.
* Ensuring compliance with local regulations, corporate/regional/legal entity reinsurance strategies, guidelines, and risk appetites and managing exceptions.
* Understanding Profit Centre business strategy and reinsurance objectives.
* Ensuring PPW compliance.
* Reviewing any non-compliant or potentially non-complaint contracts and ensuring remediation and/or resolution.
* Ensure compliance with corporate and regional security policy through:
* Ensuring all reinsurance participants are approved and the placements are within established limits.
* Managing the special exception process when appropriate.
* Ensure capture of correct information within GRO Placement tracker. Coordinate and manage all external reinsurance underwriting audits as well as Manage and/or conduct field audits for compliance. Provide reinsurance training. Work within agreed decision-making standards, limitations and authorities. Comply with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities.
* The ideal candidate should have significant reinsurance placement experience;
* Effective communication and negotiation skills;
* Ability to build strong relationships with profit centers and reinsurance market; * Strong service orientation;
* Proficiency in MS Office suite expected;
* Exposure to SAP a plus;
*Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives