Paralegal - Bankruptcy and Litigation
LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
AIG's Corporate Litigation Group is currently seeking a full-time paralegal with a strong interest in bankruptcy to join its Commercial Litigation Department in the New York City office. The ideal candidate will have both bankruptcy and litigation experience. The candidate's bankruptcy-related responsibilities will include: researching amounts due from bankrupt entities; preparing and filing proofs of claim; responding to claims objections; communicating and coordinating with internal resources and external counsel; drafting stipulations and letters in connection with proof of claim litigation; reviewing plans of reorganization; otherwise managing the bankruptcy claims process with respect to bankrupt insureds; and assisting with bankruptcy litigation matters. In addition to the bankruptcy responsibilities, the candidate will assist in other Commercial Litigation Department functions as assigned by his/her manager, including with respect to litigation management, service of process, legal hold notices and subpoena management. The candidate will join a team of paralegals who report directly to AIG's Associate General Counsel.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Bachelors degree with strong academic credentials.
- At least 3 years of bankruptcy or litigation experience with a law firm or major corporation.
- Familiarity with bankruptcy processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with litigation and discovery processes and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- The ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A paralegal certificate or similar qualification.
- A strong working knowledge of bankruptcy claims management and filing processes.
- Familiarity with legal research tools, such as Westlaw and Lexis.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives