Business Project Manager
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
• Understands project management discipline and delivery. Preferably has project management experience. Able to communicate project status and details to all levels of business.
• Able to maintain clear and updated project documentation.
• Conducts research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues. Serves as senior subject matter expert associated with content, processes and procedures.
• Works with business unit to address opportunities for improvements in processes and to mitigate issues as they arise between business units. Resolution often requires problem solving skills because the issues are not documented.
• Facilitates transfers of information and problem resolution between business units. Provides information and documentation as necessary.
• Analyzes business processes, prepares presentations for management to make recommendations for executives for improvements in major processes
• Develops formal recommendations for presentation to management that may impact business processes.
•Other job duties and projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Knowledge and experience with project management. Experience with PMI, PMP, and SDLC very desirable but not required.
• Analytical skills such as logical approach to data collection, problem analysis and resolution.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey project plans and updates to all levels.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Attention to detail and performance excellence. Above average interpersonal skills needed. Ability to interact with employees from all levels of the organization.
• Skilled in computer applications for MS Office, particularly Excel. Knowledge of applications used for the IR Line Of Business is desirable but not required. Proven ability to quickly achieve a high level of knowledge from work experience.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives