IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
This position will serve to:
- Primarily support direct equity and private equity investment decisions across sectors with a focus on healthcare
- With regard to healthcare-related investments, candidate will work across AEEM (Alternatives, Equity & External Mandates) whether direct or in a fund structure
- Negotiate with counterparties and investment partners on behalf of AIG, assist in the strategy, research, evaluation and sourcing of investment opportunities across sectors with a focus on healthcare where feasible/market permitting
- Develop and maintain relationships with external and internal partners
- Position will also work with other team resources in a flexible organizational setting
This role will assist in managing and expanding the Direct Equity and Private Equity portfolios (e.g. sectors), exploring investment opportunities and contributing to investment decisions, as well as communicating with senior management and managing resources on a deal basis. For sectors targeted for growth including healthcare, the ideal candidate will work seamlessly among AEEM groups (Direct Equity & Private Equity). Additionally, the candidate must be highly articulate and have the ability to confidently and clearly convey their findings to senior management.
- This associate role will require someone with an advanced degree (or equivalent business experience in a healthcare-related sector (e.g. biotechnology, life sciences, pharma).
- Healthcare-related investment experience required.
- Prior exposure/experience to asset management or an investments-related field with a demonstrated ability to influence laterally and concisely socialize findings with senior management is also a key success factor to this role.
- Must be able to work well and flexibly in a team environment and on several projects at a given time.
- Must have very strong relationship, analytical and as well as excellent verbal/written communication ability. Furthermore, the candidate should possess a patient determination to build new strategies and approaches within a large, matrixed environment.
- Must be able to perform at a high level under time constraints and significant ambiguity. Due to the highly dynamic nature of AEEM asset classes, candidate must have demonstrated entrepreneurial experience or interest.
- Legal/regulatory background helpful but not required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.