FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
- Prepare SAP manual adjustments, as needed
- Provide support for preparation of Balance sheet suspense analytics and meet all close deadlines
- Support internal and regulatory audits, UAT, operation enhancement projects, other ad hoc requirements as and when required
- Verify the accuracy of void and stop payments and/or manual entries in SAP
- Prepares Daily Balancing for various SAP feeds from Administration systems.
- Reviews SAP daily to verify incoming premium is booked accurately.
- Act as a resource for staff as needed in handling or resolving complex inquiries
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree with major in Accounting, Finance or related field OR four years related work experience
- 3+ years experience accounting/tax experience
- Working knowledge of business and accounting principles and practices
- CPA and other insurance industry certifications preferred
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of insurance accounting practices and methods
- Highly developed analytical skills and thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems software (PC and mainframe based)
- Ability to function under time pressure
- Good mathematical, oral and written skills, and good verbal communication skills
- Able to work both independently and with groups
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives