Vice President, Relationship Manager
Are you an experienced client facing professional with a proven ability to build and manage relationships with complex institutional clients? Help us grow our institutional business and strengthen relationships with Broker Dealer clients in the Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions (FCCS) organization. In FCCS, we help our institutional clients thrive by growing their businesses, more effectively meeting their customer needs, and enhancing operational efficiency and profitability. This role is a key driver in pursuing FCCS' mission statement which is to be a catalyst for transformation for wealth management firms determined to lead the future of financial advice.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree
- ~10 years direct client and/or financial services experience in Sales or Relationship Management function managing a book of large complex clients
- Direct experience in Clearing, Custody, RIA or Brokerage industry
- Business consulting background is preferred
- Ability to drive business development opportunities and incremental revenue by harnessing FCCS technology and product solutions
- Experience negotiating and driving complex financial, operational, legal/compliance and technology contracts
- Series 7 and 63 registrations
The Purpose of Your Role
The Vice President will inspire client loyalty while managing strategic relationships with FCCS' Broker Dealer clients in the Chicago region. You will focus on nurturing existing client relationships with the goals of helping our clients grow their business while also enhancing the value of those client relationships to Fidelity by deploying FCCS value add solutions. In this role you will proactively work to develop a thorough understanding of client goals and challenges by building deep relationships and by asking the right questions at that right time. You will also spend time thinking critically about key topics including industry trends, products, platforms, client opportunities, and sharing best practices with your peers and clients.
The Skills You Bring
- Proven ability to successfully build and manage relationships with demanding and complex clients
- Track record of success with client and prospect interactions
- Financial, business and data analysis
- Strong communicator with a consultative approach
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Consultative background to drive client business transformation
- Ability to provide various options while formulating a specific recommendation
- Understand how to appropriately delegate work and prioritize time
The Value You Deliver
- Be a catalyst for business transformation
- Help firms harness the value of Fidelity
- Share best practices with clients and peers
- Assume primary relationship management responsibility for a complex portfolio of clients
- Develop and implement business plans and goals for a book of business
- Develop book management strategies
- Analyze data to inform, prioritize decisions and to create a point of view to share with your clients
- Initiate strategic business discussions with clients. Provide proactive consultation and practice management solutions to clients, uncovering opportunities to gather additional assets.
- Stay informed of critical operational issues and escalations that impact the client.
- Monitor trends impacting client satisfaction within your book of business, including competitive, industry, and marketplace data. Develop a response plan to maintain or improve client satisfaction.
- Share information and collaborate with colleagues across Fidelity to leverage best practices and work on cross-company initiatives
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions (FCCS) is a leading provider of trading, custody and brokerage services to Registered Investment Advisors, Trust Institutions and Third Party Administrators. You will be part of a business that offers access to a comprehensive set of products and services, innovative investment tools and research, an integrated brokerage and trust platform, and dedicated client service professionals - all designed to help our clients thrive.
Sales & Relationship Management