Navy Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Financial Advisor. This is a great career opportunity with an established, reputable company! Our employees enjoy competitive compensation, and a dynamic work environment. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, it is time to join our team!
This position is located in Silverdale, WA and would require occasional travel to other local branches located in Bremerton and Poulsbo.
To provide financial consulting services to assist members and non-members with identifying their financial goals and objectives. Acts as a catalyst for the promotion and growth of NFFG products and services. Recommends appropriate mixture(s) of insurance/investment products and services to achieve the financial client’s goals as a registered representative/advisor/agent of Navy Federal Financial Group (NFFG) and subsidiaries, or incumbent financial firms. Manages more complex, high dollar volume, and larger member bases. Mentors and trains Associate Financial Advisors in more advanced financial counseling to support higher volume complex member bases, and/or Credit Union Registered Member Service Representatives when assigned.
- Act as a catalyst for promotion and growth of NFFG products and services through training activities and marketing events
- Administer and document account activity and execution per NFFG process and procedures and FINRA, NASAA, SEC regulations
- Conduct periodic review of accounts to communicate account status, explain activities and keep clients aware of new offerings
- Develop pipeline of internal/external referral sources to ensure continuous prospects and mutual collaboration between business units
- Establish, maintain and develop trust and effective advisory, fiduciary relationships with clients to ensure growth into high dollar/complex accounts
- Execute and document client and broker purchase and sales orders to include interfacing with clearing brokers, research of discrepancies and inquiries
- Implement NFFG's Corporate Marketing Plan, applying a needs-based approach to build, maintain strong, effective
- Keep current with financial industry trends and communicates information across internal business lines and updates clients
- Maintain regulatory required registrations (including Life and Health Insurance) in good standing to include completing required industry continuing education
- Manage complex, high dollar volume and larger member bases requiring advanced decision making and analytical/planning skills
- Mentor less experienced staff in advanced techniques
- Monitor and track sales performance and strategies to ensure individual and corporate goals are achieved
- Perform in-depth on-going research to acquire new accounts in assigned territory to increase market share
- Plan and conduct insurance and investment seminars to initiate cross marketing for clients and prospects to grow market penetration
- Prepare ad hoc and required industry and regulatory reports including audit inquires in compliance with internal and external regulations
- Provide financial consulting services to members and non-members to assist them to reach their financial and investment goals using industry expertise Provide Life Insurance Services including price quotes, proposal preparations, terms of sales and delivery dates
- Willingness to obtain CFP, CHFC and CLU after one year of successful employment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Series 7 & Series 66 OR Series 7 + ( 63 & 65 combined)
- Life & Health Insurance License preferred
- Clean Form U4
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a registered rep
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Management or related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
At Navy Federal Credit Union, we believe that our employees are the key to success. That’s why we are committed to maintaining a unique workplace culture that attracts, engages, retains, and develops a highly talented workforce. We are proud to offer the following comprehensive benefits:
- Incentive programs
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits
- Retirement plans with employer match
- Award-winning training programs
- Professional development programs
- Tuition assistance
- Paid leave
- Work/life programs
- Mileage reimbursement
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.