Bilingual (Mandarin) Financial Service Representative Trainee
The main purpose of this position is to answer customer calls and provide basic information to Scottrade Asia Pacific customers while training to become a licensed stockbroker.
- Provide excellent customer service in a professional manner for both Chinese and English speaking customers.
- Provide assistance to existing Scottrade customers with quotes, non-licensed required account inquiries and online/technical guidance.
- Field questions from potential customers regarding Scottrade accounts, services, products, fees, website, and branch offices.
- Review customer emails, and write timely, professional responses to inquiries, or route emails to appropriate department for review and response (Technical Desk, Compliance, Supervisor, Marketing, etc.).
- Respond to customer inquiries via instant messenger promptly.
- Assist Asia Pacific international accounts in lead follow-ups, welcome calls to new Scottrade customers, initial deposits, and international new account paperwork processing.
- Assist in international account maintenance, including fund deposits and withdrawals, margin applications, stock certificate deposits, account transfers, and other account maintenance issues.
- Provided assistance to branches by answering the calls routed from the branches.
- Assist with orientation and training of new associates or interns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to speak, read, and write in both English and Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese).
- Quick and accurate typing skills: both English and Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese).
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to write simple business correspondence, such as emails and memos to external customers.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree in Finance, Business, or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
- 1+ years customer service experience required.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S)Clean U4 securities record required - FINRA, Series 63 required or ability to obtain within 3 months of assuming position - FINRA, Series 7 required or ability to obtain within 3 months of assuming position - FINRAScottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.-