Summary of Position:
The Compliance Consultant performs a key role in the oversight of Financial Advisors and employees, with a primary focus of overseeing and monitoring activities for compliance with the various state, FINRA, and federal securities rules and regulations.
• Conduct regulatory branch office inspections to ensure compliance with record-keeping regulations and written supervisory procedures.
• Review and approve Advisors’ correspondence, sales literature and advertising materials to ensure it meets applicable FINRA standards.
• Projects will be assigned to the Consultant to analyze new regulations, internal policies, and business areas to recommend and implement the appropriate steps to address the issues.
• Train Financial Advisors and staff on securities regulations and respond to inquiries on same, including the presentation of compliance sessions.
• Review Financial Advisor and employee outside business activities and outside accounts, and review and approve U4 applications, to determine and/or monitor for compliance with various state and federal securities rules and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
• College degree required. In lieu of a college degree, five years of industry experience, including two years of compliance experience, would be required.
• Series 7 and (willingness to obtain 24 securities examinations)
• Series 63 or 66 examination required. For candidates with the Series 63 only, the series 65 or 66 will be required within 6 months of hire date.
Minimum Specific Experience Required:
• Must have general knowledge of the FINRA and SEC regulations and general broker-dealer operations.
• A minimum of two years of compliance experience is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with excellent presentation skills.
• Must have the ability to make sound decisions within a reasonable time frame and be able to face and resolve conflict and escalated issues.
• Must have the ability to prioritize work effectively.
• Must have the ability to adapt quickly to changes or increases in work load, procedures and duties.
• Must be willing and effective at accomplishing tasks by working with others, including subordinates, peers and superiors.
• Must have the ability to influence others toward company goals, along with the ability to effectively facilitate a group toward a common goal.
• Must have proficiency in Excel and other MS Office applications.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Sit – Constant
• Walk - Occasional
• Lift/Carry 0-20 pounds – Occasional
• Estimated % of time required to travel – 30%
Applicants and employees who require reasonable accommodation to complete the duties and responsibilities described above should notify Human Resources.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Additionally, this document is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.