Financial Advisor Career Description:
Northwestern Mutual financial advisors help clients see their whole financial picture through a comprehensive planning approach that addresses a wide range of financial needs. Our financial advisors provide personalized financial planning through insurance and investment solutions, including:
- Asset and Income Protection
- Education Funding
- Retirement Planning
- Business Planning
- Employee and Executive Benefits
- Investment Advisory Services
- Fee-Based Financial Planning
- Estate Planning
- Trust Services
- Private Client Services
Our support services free you to focus on your clients and enhance the productivity of your practice by providing:
- Formal training, ongoing development, mentors, and product specialists
- Comprehensive personal and business planning analysis tools
- Insurance and investment operations team
- Product sales support and client servicing
- Aggregated client account software
- Sponsorship and training for licenses and professional designations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Someone who builds relationships centered on trust, open communication, and transparency
- A commitment to ongoing learning, including staying current on financial news and the impacts to their clients
- Someone who is proactive and focused on providing excellent customer service
- Someone who has a history of professional success
Compensation and Benefits:
- Exceptional income potential
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Two company-funded retirement plans (pension and 401k plan).
- Group life and disability income insurance
- Payouts of up to 90% GDC
Northwestern Mutual Company Description:
For 160 years, Northwestern Mutual has been helping clients plan for financial security with confidence. As a mutual company with no shareholders, we focus solely for the benefit of providing protection, financial strength, and product value to our clients. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach that includes insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident so they can live life differently.
- Size: $250 billion in assets. $28.2 billion in revenue. Ranked 100 on the 2016 Fortune 500 list. 4.4 million clients.
- World’s Most Admired: We are among the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance companies, according to Fortune magazine’s annual survey, published February 2017.
- Ratings: We have the highest financial strength ratings awarded to any life insurer by all four major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best Company A++ (highest), 4/2017; Fitch Ratings AAA (highest), 11/2016; Moody’s Investors Service Aaa (highest), 1/2017; Standard & Poor’s AA+ (second highest), 6/2016. Ratings are subject to change.
- Top 10 Broker-Dealer: We rank among the Top 10 independent broker-dealers, as measured by total revenues. Source: Financial Planning magazine, June 2016.
- Total Dividends: We expect to pay an industry-leading total dividend of $5.2 billion in 2017.
- Innovation: Awarded 2016 Eye on Innovation Prize for “Most Innovative Digital Business Model in Financial Services” by Gartner, October 2016.
- Customer Satisfaction: We have a persistency rate of 96 percent for life insurance in force.
- Guidance: Our financial advisor training program is recognized among the country’s best, helping our financial advisors guide you to a more secure financial future.
- Market Share: We are the largest direct provider of individual life insurance in the United States, ranking first in market share based on 2016 data from SNL Financial.