Service Center Supervisor (Brokerage)
The main purpose of this position is to supervise and provide direction for the day-to-day activities of Service Center associates; including broker trainees, brokers, senior brokers and non-licensed customer service representatives.
- Oversee department workflow and provide guidance to associates on departmental projects/issues. Route resources appropriately to meet workflow demand and achieve Service Center SLA's.
- Assist team members with problem solving as needed; promptly accept escalated customer concerns and staff the management queue. Respond timely to complaints or concerns from customers and Scottrade departments. Coordinate the process of response and approve supervisory e-mails.
- Participate in department and corporate projects and support Service Center endeavors as needed.
- Assist with documentation and maintenance of departmental best practices and procedures.
- Provide guidance and coaching, develop training plans, write and deliver performance reviews, and answer day-to-day questions for team members.
- Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to team members.
- Track, compile and report KPIs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Extensive knowledge of back office operations in securities industry.
- Ability to resolve customer service and associate issues by effectively prioritizing and evaluating information to identify key issues and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and maintain professionalism.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of multi-channel contact center operations.
- Ability to utilize brokerage and banking systems and applications to support customer inquiries.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities of a Financial Service Representative on a daily basis.
- Ability to handle information and findings in a confidential manner. Confidentiality agreement for banking specific information and transactions may be required.
- Self-starter with strong decision making abilities and the ability to develop/coach team members.
- Proven track record of achieving results through collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing to effectively handle sensitive issues.
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple job duties in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel 5-10%; as needed.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 3+ years discount broker experience and proficient as a Stockbroker in the discount industry required.
- 3+ years of customer service/call center experience in the financial services industry required.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S)Clean U4 securities record required - FINRA, Series 24 required or ability to obtain within 3 months of assuming position - FINRA, Series 63 required - FINRA, Series 7 required - FINRAScottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.-