The main purpose of this position is to assist branches with daily operations while gaining valuable work experience in the brokerage industry.
• Listen to and shadow brokers in the office to see how they conduct business with clients. (10%)
• Act as a representative of Scottrade to clients that come directly to the branch for assistance. (10%)
• Become familiar with different departments and their functions. (10%)
• Provide technical support for clients accessing Scottrade's trading platforms. (10%)
• Utilize quote system to communicate information regarding stocks to clients. (10%)
• Process stock certificates and deposits, prepare paperwork for overnight delivery to St. Louis, and process branch mail. (10%)
• Understand and be able to communicate different types of client accounts. (10%)
• Navigate through the internal systems and become familiar with their uses. (10%)
• Complete internal training program through Scottrade University. (10%)
• Participate in team building activities within the branch. (5%)
• Become proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite. (5%)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to work an average of 15-25 hours per week and no more than 8 hours per day.
• Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and attend classes at a local University with interests in business and the stock market.
• Have completed 50-70 hours of required coursework and have a balance of no fewer than 48 hours remaining towards their Bachelor's Degree (1-2 years of college remaining).
• Performing within the college's acceptable GPA level.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S)Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.-