Estate Planning Specialist - Houston /Dallas
The Estate Planning Specialist (EPS) is the primary resource for trust and estate planning guidance and services at Fidelity Investments. The EPS partners with Fidelity's Financial Consultants providing estate planning guidance and education to Fidelity's high net worth (HNW) customers. For example, the EPS, via in-person and phone consultations, will help customers: (1) identify their estate planning goals and objectives (2) better understand their existing estate planning documents and (3) ascertain appropriate next steps. The EPS will also help to develop and support relationships with local estate planning attorneys that clients may choose to work with in developing their plan.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- College Degree
- JD, CFP and/or CPA preferred
- 7 to 10 years estate planning and trust law experience, preferably at a law firm, trust company or wealth management firm
- Expertise in estate planning; family wealth transfer planning, wills/trusts; and trust and estate taxation required
- Ability to achieve interaction goals in an assigned territory with minimal supervision from management.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Proven strong customer orientation.
- Ease in working with all levels in the Fidelity organization.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 obtained within 90-days of employment
The Purpose of Your Role
As a subject matter expert in the areas of Estate Planning, Family Wealth Transfer Planning and Legacy Planning, you are the main contact for estate planning discussions with Fidelity's Personal Investing and Workplace Investing HNW customers. You will be responsible to support Investor Centers in the greater Texas area with frequent travel to the investor centers within your assigned territory.
The Skills You Bring
- Your strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Your excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Your strong presentation skills and ability to relay complex information understandably
- Your ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment, juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency
- Your ability to take initiative and work independently
- Your ability to think strategically and tactically
- Your creative problem resolution skills
- Your strong team orientation and ability to function as a team player
- Your consistent trend of meeting and exceeding targeted business metrics
- Your demonstration of strong leadership skills and mentoring, training and serving as resource across Fidelity's many business units
- Your ability to travel to meet the requirements of the role
The Value You Deliver
- Help Fidelity's customers gain a better understanding of their estate planning goals and objectives, empowering them to take appropriate next steps, and ultimately helping them to achieve better outcomes and peace of mind with respect to their wealth transfer goals.
- Facilitate and deliver seminars for Fidelity's HNW customers, including estate planning, trust planning and related seminars
- Coach and train both new and existing Financial Consultants on trust and estate planning concepts, and on consultative selling skills to secure client engagements
- Collaborate with Fidelity's Estate Planning and Trust Product Teams to understand changing client needs, products and services necessary to drive future success.
- Train Financial Consultants on new estate planning and trust products as they are brought to market
- Cultivate relationships with estate planning attorneys in the territory to support Fidelity's Attorney Access Program
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The guidance and education that an EPS provides Fidelity's HNW customers compliments the financial and wealth planning services that Fidelity offers. The EPS's services enhance a customer's relationship with Fidelity by affording HNW customers the opportunity to have deeper and more robust financial and wealth planning experiences at Fidelity.